A star lands in your biscuit selection! Cinnamon stars are a real treat for the taste buds as well as the nose as their wonderful Christmas aroma will waft through the whole house. If the scent of cinnamon lies in the air, you know Christmas is just around the corner. Who doesn’t love these little biscuit stars made with cinnamon with the lovely name “Zimtsterne” (Cinnamon stars).
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 400 g almonds (ground)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Directions of Zimtsterne
- Whisk egg whites with a pinch of salt. Gradually add icing sugar, beat until the mixture is stiff and stir in the lemon juice.
- Place 1/4 of the mixture to one side. Mix ground almonds with the cinnamon, mix into the remaining egg white mixture and cool for one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven (fan oven) to 170 ºC/ 350 °F.
- Dust a work surface with icing sugar and roll out the dough. Cut out stars and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Take the remaining egg white mixture and use to brush onto the cinnamon stars. Bake for approx. 15 minutes.
Cinnamon stars also look good if made without the glazing and only sprinkled with sugar.