Tiramisu, ti amo! Loved and nibbled all over the world, adored by big and small sweet toothers & a regular on every good dessert menu: Tiramisu! However: Snacking the creamy-sweet dessert classic from “Bella Italia” is easy, but its preparation is not always … Oh schubidu, sweet Tiramisu, with this recipe we’ll eat you in a jiffy! Well chilled, creamy and fine: this is how we Austrians enjoy our favorite Italian dessert any time of the year!
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 g granulated sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- 250 ml coffee (to dip)
- 40 ml rum (optional)
- 30 sponge fingers
- cocoa powder (for sprinkling)
Directions for Tiramisu
- Separate the eggs. Beat the sugar and egg yolks with a mixer.
- As soon as the mixture is nicely frothy, add mascarpone.
- Now, mix coffee and rum.
- For the typical layers of the famous Italian national dish, alternate a dish with biscuits and cream. Proceed as follows:
- Soak the sponge fingers in the coffee shortly beforehand and then coat them with the cream. Spread the cream over it and smooth it down. Then apply another layer of soaked sponge fingers. Layer by layer until all the sponges and the whole cream have been used up.
- The last layer must consist of cream. Smooth it neatly with a knife or a cake pallet and let it chill in the fridge for a few hours.
- Last but not least, sprinkle it with cocoa powder before serving.
Sweet toothers who are looking for a refreshing alternative to the rich original are recommended to refine it to fresh fruits of the season. Pimp it!
JUST ONE MORE THING