Sweet or savoury – with this dish you are spoilt for choice. Semolina noodles are wonderfully versatile and each version is exceptionally delicious. This classic Austrian recipe is a real treat for all noodle lovers!
For the noodles:
- 250 g ribbon noodles
- 10 g butter (melted)
- 100 g semolina
- 80 ml milk
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
For the sweet version:
- grated nuts
For the savoury version:
- diced bacon
- pickled cucumbers (finely chopped)
Directions for Semolina Noodles
- Cook ribbon noodles in salted water and drain.
- Heat butter in a pan, stir in semolina and fry. Pour over milk.
- Now you have the choice and can either make sweet or savoury noodles:
- For sweet noodles, add a few nuts or poppyseeds to the sugar and mix.
- For the savoury version, add salt and pepper as well as bacon or pickled cucumbers, depending on taste.
Semolina Noodles taste good served with a glass of milk.
You want more of Austrian pasta? Taste also our Crumb Noodles, which are similar, but special in a different way.