You’re hungry and have nothing in your fridge? Who hasn’t had this problem. If your fridge only has eggs to offer and is otherwise empty, we have exactly the dish for you – our classic Scrambled Eggs. And, as they’re so easy to make, they are amongst the popular Austrian classics. Hardly anything tastes better when the sudden cravings come over you.
- 4 eggs (whisked)
- 2 tbsp butter
- chives (optional, finely chopped)
- ham/bacon (optional, diced)
- spring onions (optional, finely chopped)
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- pumpkin seed oil (optional)
Directions for Scrambled Eggs
- Crack open the eggs into a bowl and whisk using a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the egg mixture and cook on medium heat for 1-2 minutes until firm but not too dry. Gradually stir in the mixture from the sides to the centre of the pan until the whole mixture is nice and creamy.
- Last but not least, sprinkle fresh chives or chopped spring onions over the eggs.
- You can experiment and chop a little ham or bacon or vegetables such as spring onions or courgettes and mix with the egg mixture. The recipe can be varied according to your taste!
For real Austrian-style Scrambled Eggs, add a dash of pumpkin seed oil and/or pumpkin seeds over the egg mixture!
JUST ONE MORE THING
Have you ever had SCRAMBLED EGG TOAST? No? Then it’s time to try! For a great snack, toast two slices of bread. Top one slice with Scrambled Eggs and a little bacon, then cover it with the second slice. Done!
Omelettes, Scrambled Eggs and fried eggs – the RIESS Egg pan is perfect for these egg dishes and many more. It’s just the right size for omelettes and other egg dishes. The iron core of the enamel distributes the heat quickly and optimally across the bottom of the pan, which means that the heat can also be reduced quickly when needed, as egg dishes don’t do well in excessively high temperatures. When the eggs have finished cooking, you can also divide them up in the pan, as enamel is scratch and cut resistant.
As it has two handles, the egg pan is also suitable to use as a serving dish which can then also be eaten out of as the enamel is scratch and cut resistant.
We love it!
THE WORLD OF RIESS
It is cut and scratch resistant, easy to clean and does not change the taste of the food prepared in it – porcelain enamel has many advantages. The RIESS family, who lived in Austria, thought the same thing almost a long time ago when they began making tableware from this easy-care material in 1922.
Handmade with LOVE…
… this thought applies not only to us when we are cooking, but also to RIESS. The RIESS-Emaille manufactory in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel is the only cookware manufacturer in Austria and meanwhile the family business is well known far beyond its borders. In addition to kitchen utensils in classic white, there are pots, strainers, bowls, cups and the like in delicate pastel colours as well as animal and flower designs – so there is something for every taste.
The various products of „RIESS-Emaille“ made it all over the world to cult lifestyle objects.