What would a Pork Roast be without Potato Dumplings? That’s right! This time, they aren’t merely a side dish but the main and this simple, basic recipe should be included in all recipe collections. If they’re well-filled, you’re half way there! Potato Dumplings can also be filled with various fillings.
- 300 g potatoes (floury)
- 100 g flour (slightly coarser)
- 30 g semolina
- 2 egg yolks
- nutmeg (freshly ground)
Directions for Potato Dumplings
- Firstly, boil potatoes with the peel still on. Shake dry, peel and mash whilst still hot.
- Knead the mashed potatoes on a floured surface together with the remaining ingredients and shape into a roll. Cover and leave the dough to stand at room temperature for approx. 30 minutes.
- Slice the roll into equally-sized pieces and shape into dumplings.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the dumplings and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the dumplings, strain off any excess water and serve.
They can also be filled with a range of fillings.