Creamy and flavoursome, mash goes perfectly with almost anything and is sure to melt in the mouth with this recipe. We don’t even want to start enthusing about how good it is otherwise we mightn’t be able to stop! Mashed Potatoes are a great comfort food – a warm and simple delicious delight!
- 500 g potatoes (floury, cooked)
- 200 ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- nutmeg (freshly ground)
- onion (optional)
Directions for Mashed Potatoes
- Peel, quarter and cook potatoes in salted water (with the lid on the pot) until soft.
- Heat milk and butter and mash the potatoes (still warm) into this with a potato masher.
- Stir with a whisk several times until the mixture is creamy. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
You can also serve the Mashed Potatoes topped with fried onions. Peel and slice an onion and fry in a pan. When cooked, sprinkle over the mash.
JUST ONE MORE THING
Increasing the amount of butter may not be for the calorie conscious but will create a deliciously creamy taste! May also be enhanced with a dash of double cream and even a little truffle oil.
Are you looking for a high-quality and trendy cooking pot, but haven’t found it yet? Then it’s time for you to get to know the Aromapots from Truehomeware.
- The Aromapots are 100% steel and enamel and there are no screwed plastic parts in the series.
- The pots can be used at high temperatures in the oven and on any stove – gas, electric, halogen and ceramic hobs.
- Its magnetic properties also make the series ideal for any modern induction hob!
- The Aromapots’ conical shape allows the series to be stacked to save space.
And the best ever: During cooking, the lid can be turned over or put to the side and used as a resting place, bowl or plate for ingredients, cooking spoons etc. Later at the table, it takes on the role of a trivet.
Aromapot pans are white on the inside, which means that the natural colours of the food are not altered by the colour of the pans. The outer colour of the pot can vary depending on your own personal taste, which allows and inspires an individual arrangement of your cookware and food.
Have you already found your personal favourite? We love the Light Grey!
THE WORLD OF RIESS
It is cut and scratch resistant, easy to clean and does not change the taste of the food prepared in it – porcelain enamel has many advantages. The RIESS family, who lived in Austria, thought the same thing almost a long time ago when they began making tableware from this easy-care material in 1922.
Handmade with LOVE…
… this thought applies not only to us when we are cooking, but also to RIESS. The RIESS-Emaille manufactory in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel is the only cookware manufacturer in Austria and meanwhile the family business is well known far beyond its borders. In addition to kitchen utensils in classic white, there are pots, strainers, bowls, cups and the like in delicate pastel colours as well as animal and flower designs – so there is something for every taste.
The various products of „RIESS-Emaille“ made it all over the world to cult lifestyle objects.