We Austrians simply love the Italian Lasagne! The soft core of layer after layer of noodles, minced meat and béchamel sauce and the crispy cheese crust makes this classic Italian dish a spicy delight. With this recipe you will certainly succeed in making the Italian specialty!
For the sauce:
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g minced meat
- 1 pkg. tomatoes (passed)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 125 ml wine (red)
- 2 garlic cloves
For the bechamel sauce:
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 250 ml milk
- 50 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 egg yolks
- noodle leaves
- cheese (grated)
Directions for Lasagne
- Fry the minced meat in a frying pan and fry the onion with it.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste, red wine, and season with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and add it to the sauce.
- For the béchamel sauce, melt the butter and gradually stir in the flour.
- Add a little milk and crush small flour clots. When the sauce is lump-free, add the rest of the milk and cook until creamy, stirring constantly.
- After boiling, stir in the Parmesan cheese and season with a pinch of nutmeg and salt.
- Let the béchamel sauce cool and then stir the egg yolks into the cooled sauce.
- Now layer the lasagne pieces. For this, spread a casserole dish with butter and fill in layers of pasta leaves, ragout and béchamel sauce.
- Finally sprinkle the lasagne with cheese and bake in the oven for approx. 40 minutes at 160 °C / 325 °F.
GOES WELL WITH Green salad
The longer the Bolognese sauce cooks, the better it gets!
JUST ONE MORE THING
By the way, our beloved Spaghetti from “bella italia” are similar but still special. With the right ingredients, your Spaghetti Bolognese dish will become an unforgettable treat. If you are looking for a simple Spaghetti recipe to cook with, this is the right place for you.