Fried Chicken Salad
Tender chicken pieces with a crispy, crunchy coating served on a fresh salad: Fried Chicken Salad! This great combination of crispy meat and crunchy salad is today almost a classic and anything but bland. It is often served as a healthy version of the classic Backhendel. The combination of fresh salad and chicken make it unbeatable and it’s popular throughout the year.
For the fried chicken:
- 2-3 chicken fillets
- 70 g flour (for coating)
- 1 egg (for coating)
- 80 g breadcrumbs (for coating)
- oil (for frying)
For the potato-salad:
- 600 g potatoes (boiled and sliced)
- 1 onion (red, diced)
- 100 g lamb’s lettuce
For the marinade:
- 1 tbsp tarragon mustard
- 50 g icing sugar
- 150 ml beef broth (hot)
- 80 ml vinegar (white distilled)
- 40 ml sunflower oil
Directions for Fried Chicken Salad
- Cut chicken fillet into 3-4 long strips, season on both sides and dip in the flour, egg and then the breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil for ca. 2 minutes until golden brown. Pat dry on a piece of kitchen paper.
- For the salad, boil the potatoes, peel and cut into thin slices. Peel the onion, dice and mix well with the potatoes.
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and use to marinade the salad. Then mix in the lamb’s lettuce. Place the chicken strips on the salad. Done!
The chicken strips can also be coated in sunflower or pumpkin seeds, sesame or cornflakes which creates a particularly varied and delicious taste experience. Simply mix the seeds into the breadcrumbs before coating.
JUST ONE MORE THING
You love that crispy breaded specialities? Have a look also in our theme world. There are much more delicious classic recipes.