Fried Chicken Salad-Bowl
Tender chicken pieces with a crispy, crunchy coating served on a fresh salad: Fried Chicken Salad-Bowl! This great combination of crispy meat and crunchy salad is today almost a classic and anything but bland. It is often served as a healthy version of the classic Backhendel. The combination of fresh salad and chicken make it unbeatable and it’s popular throughout the year. We love this Austro Bowl!
For the fried chicken:
- 2 chicken fillets
- 200 g flour (for coating)
- 2 egg (for coating)
- a shot of milk (for coating)
- 300 g breadcrumbs (for coating)
- oil (for frying)
For the salad:
- 500 g potatoes (boiled and sliced)
- 1 onion (red, diced)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 200 ml beef stock
- 125 g green salad
- radius (optional)
- chives (optional)
- lemon wedges (optional)
Directions for Fried Chicken Salad-Bowl
- Cut chicken fillet into 3-4 long strips, season on both sides and dip in the flour, eggs with a little milk, and then breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil for approx. 2 minutes until golden brown and pat dry on a piece of kitchen paper.
- For the salad, boil the potatoes, peel and cut into thin slices. Peel the onion, dice and mix well with the potatoes.
- For the marinade, mix all the ingredients together and use to marinade the salad. Then mix in the green salad.
- Finally, place the chicken strips on it and dress it with radius, chives and lemon wedges. Done!
The chicken strips can also be coated in sunflower or pumpkin seeds, sesame or cornflakes which creates a particularly varied and delicious taste experience. Simply mix the seeds into the breadcrumbs before coating.
You love that crispy breaded specialities? Have a look also in our theme world. There are much more delicious classic recipes.
JUST ONE MORE THING
Bowls are currently very trendy, so why not serve Austrian classics as Austrobowls?