This Egg Spread is a real delicacy and one of the all-time spread classics in Austria. It will enhance all breads and rolls and is also perfect for using up any leftover hard-boiled eggs. We just love this creamy bread spread – at any time of the day or year!
- 6 eggs (hard-boiled)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 4 gherkins (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp capers (finely chopped)
- 100 g quark
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 dash lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- chives (according to taste, finely chopped
Directions for Egg Spread
- Boil eggs until hard and briefly rinse with cold water. Peel and chop into small pieces. Finely chop the onion, gherkins and capers.
- Mix the ingredients well so they all bind together.
- Finally, season to taste and serve sprinkled with chopped chives.
GOES WELL WITH Kürbiskernbrot.
Add a few pumpkin seeds and/or pumpkin seed oil to the spread for a wonderfully nutty flavour.
JUST ONE MORE THING
Traditionally, our Egg Spread is also served on our popular Brettljausen.