For a quick and easy meal for when you’re hungry and don’t want to spend ages in the kitchen, these popular Egg Dumplings are the perfect dish. You don’t need many ingredients and it only takes 15 minutes! As the name suggests, Egg Dumplings are a simple vegetarian pan dish made out of dumplings and beaten eggs.
For the dough:
- 3 eggs
- 60 g butter
- 175 ml milk (depends on consistency of dough)
- 300 g flour (smooth)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (freshly grated)
- water (for boiling)
For the egg mixture:
- 2 tbsp clarified butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 bunch of herbs (finely chopped)
Directions for Egg Dumplings
- To make the dough, crack open eggs and melt butter in a pan, mix all this with milk and flour as well as a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and press the dumpling mixture into the water through a spätzle/dumpling maker. Cook until they float on the Surface.
- Quickly rinse the dumplings in cold water so that they don’t stick together. Melt a little more clarified butter in a pan and toss the dumplings in the pan.
- Crack open the remaining eggs, whisk and mix with the dumplings until the mixture starts to thicken but do not allow it to get too dry.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with finely chopped herbs.
GOES WELL WITH Green or Cucumber Salad.
Egg Dumplings taste particularly good if served topped with roasted onion rings. For the FRIED ONION RINGS, peel two onions and thinly slice. Mix 10 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp paprika and coat the onion rings in this mixture. Fry in hot oil until golden yellow. Remove any excess oil from the rings by placing on kitchen paper and add a little salt.
You want to roast and serve right at the table? Then the RIESS Serving pan is just right for you.
Thanks to it’s two practical handles, it can be placed directly on the dining table and used as a serving pan or to replace diners’ plates, as knives can also be used to cut the food directly in the pan.
The serving pan can also be used in the oven at high temperatures to make gratins or just to keep food warm, for example.
The pan is also great for all egg dishes, all types of dumplings, and much more. It is an eye-catcher to set all kinds of dishes on the table in scene – we love it!
THE WORLD OF RIESS
It is cut and scratch resistant, easy to clean and does not change the taste of the food prepared in it – porcelain enamel has many advantages. The RIESS family, who lived in Austria, thought the same thing almost a long time ago when they began making tableware from this easy-care material in 1922.
Handmade with LOVE…
… this thought applies not only to us when we are cooking, but also to RIESS. The RIESS-Emaille manufactory in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel is the only cookware manufacturer in Austria and meanwhile the family business is well known far beyond its borders. In addition to kitchen utensils in classic white, there are pots, strainers, bowls, cups and the like in delicate pastel colours as well as animal and flower designs – so there is something for every taste.
The various products of „RIESS-Emaille“ made it all over the world to cult lifestyle objects.