Chocolate Dipped Biscuits
Nero or Polo? Both! Because Nero & Polo are an inseparable biscuit duo which sweeten our Advent in two delicious ways! The chocolatey shortcrust pastry is quickly made, piped onto a baking tray and baked. Next, Nero & Polo are dipped in chocolate before resting on baking paper to dry and are then ready to be enjoyed by you! Try it our Chocolate Dipped Biscuits!
- 250 g butter
- 150 g icing sugar
- 1 pack of vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 250 g flour (coarse)
- 40 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a little chocolate
Directions for Chocolate Dipped Biscuits
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/ 350 °F (fan oven).
- Beat butter, icing sugar, vanilla sugar and salt until frothy. Stir in eggs and egg yolks. Sift the flour with the baking powder and cocoa and fold into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe button shapes (Polo) and small rectangular shapes, similar to sponge fingers (Nero), on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake Nero and Polo for approx. 15 minutes and allow to cool. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a bowl over hot water and use to cover and decorate the biscuits.
- Finally, leave to dry on a cooling rack or baking paper and store in a biscuit tin.
For a particularly delicious combination, sandwich Nero and Polo together with jam and dip them in chocolate.