Butterschnitzel with mashed potatoes-Bowl
We proudly present… Butterschnitzel with mashed potatoes-Bowl! A classic of our Austrian home cooking! Served in a bowl we give it an modern touch. And even if these dish might not need that, it looks pretty good aswell!
- 4 portion(s) of mashed potatoes
- 600 g veal minced meat
- 3 kaiser rolls (old-fashioned, debarked)
- milk (for soaking)
- 3 egg yolks
- pepper (from the mill)
- nutmeg (grated)
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- 2 tbsp butter (for frying)
- calf juice (or the resulting gravy)
Directions for Butterschnitzel with mashed potatoes-Bowl
- Soak Kaiser Rolls in milk for the butter escalopes. Squeeze well and add to the veal mince. Mix with egg yolks and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. If the mixture is too soft, add breadcrumbs. Leave to simmer in the fridge.
- Form the minced meat into small mini loaves and fry in a pan with oil on both sides until golden yellow.
- Add butter and place the pan in the oven at 160 °C / 325 °F for 10 minutes.
- Fill mashed potatoes in bowls, arrange the veal butter cutlets on top and drizzle with some veal juice.
Mashed Potatoes are a great comfort food – a warm and simple delicious delight! Creamy and flavoursome, mash goes perfectly with almost anything and is sure to melt in the mouth with this recipe.
JUST ONE MORE THING
If you’re a meat tiger, will you try our Tafelspitz or Fried Chicken Salad Bowl? These dishes are down-to-earth, honest and refined. The typical Austrian dishes arouse a sense of home and remind us of our childhood.